Monday, 1 June 2015

A Lot Can Happen in a Year


I've signed up to #Juneathon again, which means I have to exercise every day - and blog about it. I'm up for that, on condition that "A gentle Sunday stroll" constitutes exercise.

So, what has happened since last year? Did I lose lots of weight? No. Still trying there. Did I get fitter? Well, yes - I'm fitter now than I've been in years.

This time last year I'd just signed up to Couch 2 5K. I've now completed it. It's a nine-week programme and took me the best part of a year because I kept failing weeks and having to re-do them. In particular the first 20-minute run (I think it comes at the end of week 6) was a killer. It took me a long time to build up to that. Then I had a problem with my foot and couldn't run for all of December which put me right back to square 1. (Turns out the problem was with my trainers. You have to buy new ones occasionally. Who knew?)

Next month I am running an honest-to-goodness 5k, and I am determined that I really will run it all. At the moment I can run for 30 minutes, but that doesn't actually equate to five kilometres. Probably not even 4, in fact. So lots of training to do this month. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment