Tuesday 10 June 2014

Ten Reasons I Love Swimming



It's a swimming day today. I like swimming much more than running, and here's why:

  1. I don't sweat and go beetroot red when I swim
  2. I don't have bugs fly into my mouth
  3. It's extremely easy
  4. I'm much better at it than I am at running (In other words, there are often many people in the pool who are slower swimmers than me, but I've yet to meet a slower runner.)
  5. I can do it whatever the weather
  6. Sometimes (today!) I get to have a lovely few minutes in the spa afterwards, and I always get to have a really nice shower (using someone else's hot water)
  7. I don't ache afterwards, or get injured (apart from having "swimmer's shoulder"--tendonitis in the rotator cuff--a couple of weeks ago)
  8. It still burns around 400 calories in 30 minutes
  9. After years of trial and error, I finally found the perfect swimming attire - an M&S tankini. Covers plenty, holds in my fat bits, but still convenient to wear under clothes before my 2pm mad dash to the pool.
  10. I just downright love being in the water, and under it is magical, even in a pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment